RELEASE OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT
This document affects your legal rights: Read BOTH SIDES carefully before signing.
- ACTIVITIES AND ASSOCIATED RISKS: I have chosen to participate in tennis training, instruction, and related activities (hereinafter referred to as “the Activities”), which are organized by Tonelli Tennis, LLC (hereinafter referred to as “Tonelli Tennis”). I understand that:
- the Activities are inherently hazardous, and I may be exposed to dangers and hazards, including some of the following: sprains, muscle strains, fractures, concussions, soft tissue injuries, dangerous weather, overexertion, overheating, injuries from my lack of fitness or conditioning, complications due to exercise at high altitude, equipment failures, and negligence of others;
- as a consequence of these risks, I may be seriously hurt or disabled or may die from the resulting injuries, and my property may also be damaged;
- hospital facilities, qualified medical care, and emergency medical evacuation may be limited or unavailable during portions of the Activities; and
- Tonelli Tennis assumes no responsibility for providing medical care during the Activities, and I will have to pay for any medical care and/or evacuation that I incur.
In consideration of the permission to participate in the Activities, I agree to the terms contained in this document.
I HAVE FULLY INFORMED MYSELF OF THE CONTENTS OF THIS AGREEMENT BY READING IT BEFORE SIGNING IT.
- ASSUMPTION OF THE RISKS: I hereby freely assume the above-mentioned risks as well as other risks not listed that are part of these activities, and any harm, injury or loss that may occur to me or my property as a result of my participation in the Activities or during any transportation to or from the Activities—including any injury or loss caused by the negligence of Tonelli Tennis, its employees, agents and officers, its contractors, and other participants in the Activities. I also understand that any equipment that I provide or may borrow or rent from Tonelli Tennis or any other provider I use at my own risk and that any such equipment is provided without any warranty about its condition or suitability.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY: I hereby RELEASE Tonelli Tennis, its employees, agents, officers, and contractors, the providers of any equipment used in the Activities, land owners, municipal or governmental providers of use permits, and their respective employees, officers, and directors (“the Released Parties”) FROM ALL LIABILITIES, CAUSES OF ACTION, CLAIMS AND DEMANDS that arise in any way from any injury, death, loss or harm that occur to me or to any other person or to any property during the Activities or in any way related to the Activities, including during transportation to or from the Activities. This RELEASE includes claims for the negligence of the Released Parties and claims for strict liability for abnormally dangerous activities. This RELEASE does not extend to claims for gross negligence, intentional or reckless misconduct, or any other liabilities that California law does not permit to be excluded by agreement. I also agree NOT TO SUE or make a claim against the Released Parties for death, injuries, loss or harm that occur during the Activities or are related in any way to the Activities. Initial:____
- INDEMNIFICATION HOLD HARMLESS AND DEFENSE: I promise to INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS AND DEFEND the Released Parties (defined in Section 3) against any and all claims to which Section 3 of this agreement applies, including claims for their own negligence. I also promise to INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS AND DEFEND the Released Parties against any and all claims for my own negligence, and any other claim arising from my conduct during the Activities. In accordance with these promises, I will reimburse the Released Parties for any damages, reasonable settlements and defense costs, including attorneys’ fees, that they incur because of any such claims made against them. I agree that in the event of my death or disability, the terms of this agreement, including the indemnification obligation in this Section, will be binding on my estate, and my personal representative, executor, administrator or guardian will be obligated to respect and enforce them.
- AGREEMENT TO FOLLOW DIRECTIONS: I agree to follow the rules for the Activities provided to me and to follow directions given to me by the leaders of the Activities.
- INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS: I acknowledge that Tonelli Tennis has no control over and assumes no responsibility for the actions of any independent contractors providing any services for the Activities.
- USE OF MY LIKENESS: I understand that during the Activity I may be photographed or videotaped. To the fullest extent allowed by law, I waive all rights of publicity or privacy or pre-approval that I have for any such likeness of me or use of my name in connection with such likeness, and I grant to Tonelli Tennis and its assigns permission to copyright, use, and publish (including by electronic means) such likeness of me, whether in whole or part, in any form, without restrictions, and for any purpose.
- SEVERABILITY: I agree that the purpose of this agreement is that it shall be an enforceable RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY as broad and inclusive as is permitted by California law. I agree that if any portion or provision of this agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, then the remainder will continue in full force and effect. I also agree that any invalid provision will be modified or partially enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law to carry out the purpose of the agreement.
- APPLICABLE LAW, FORUM & ATTORNEY’S FEES: This agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California, without any reference to its choice of law rules. I agree that any dispute arising from this Agreement or in any way associated with the Activity shall be brought only in a state or federal court located in Washoe County, Nevada, and I agree to the jurisdiction and venue of those courts for any such dispute. In any litigation in which the validity or enforceability of this agreement is contested, I agree that the non-prevailing party will pay all attorneys’ fees and costs of the parties seeking to uphold the agreement.
NO ORAL REPRESENTATIONS, STATEMENTS, OR OTHER INDUCEMENTS TO SIGN THIS RELEASE HAVE BEEN MADE APART FROM WHAT IS CONTAINED IN THIS DOCUMENT. I UNDERSTAND THIS IS A CONTRACT THAT AFFECTS MY LEGAL RIGHTS AND I SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL.
If participant is a minor, signature of parent or responsible adult is required below:
In consideration of the minor child being permitted to participate in the Activities, I accept and agree to the full contents of this agreement. I certify that I have the authority to sign on behalf of the minor child and to make decisions for the minor child regarding these Activities. I also agree to RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS, INDEMNIFY AND DEFEND the Released Parties
(defined in Section 3) from all liabilities and claims that arise in any way from any injury, death, loss or harm that occurs to the minor child
during the Activities or in any way related to the Activities. This includes any claim of the minor and any claim arising from the negligence of the Released Parties. I understand that nothing in this agreement is intended to release claims for gross negligence, intentional, or reckless misconduct, or any other liabilities that California law does not permit to be excluded by agreement.